Monday, November 10, 2008

Birthday party

Tatiana's first party invite

Check out the directions. I dont know if I will ever find the house

OK, today was the party and parties here are very different!!
The invitation said they would have balloons to indicate the house. We found the chateau and some balloons on a house and Tatiana recognized some of the kids playing outside, we pulled over and Tatiana hopped out and started to play with them. I introduced myself to the father. We were there for awhile, I wondered where all the other parents were. Tatiana finally came up to the father and asked where Marie was so she could give her the gift. He looks puzzled and said Marie doesn't live here.......wrong party.
We hopped back in the car and went up the road to the other party on the block. When we arrived we saw parents leaving, I thought we missed the party. We go inside, Tatiana gives Marie the only wrapped gift on the table. The mom then says good-bye to me and I am told to pick up Tatiana at 6:00!! The kids were all running around the house, it was all a bit crazy. I said are you sure you can do it alone? She responded "I have a big garden, I will send them all out to play" I got in my car and went home.
I think I am going to like French parties:)

1 comment:

Alan said...

We find French parties rather odd, too.

The thing that struck us is that the kids don't get fed - just a piece of cake, maybe some sweets. Whatever happened to sausage rolls and jelly and ice-cream ?

And party games ? Seemingly unknown.

But French kids' parties are MUCH less hard work !